April 23, 2005

Change of Plans

We changed our plans slightly and are now in Marina Palmyra in La Paz.
see: http://www.marinapalmira.com/Home.html

Listening to the weather forecast by Don on Summer Passage - it sounded like the cold front working it's way down Baja would likely cause 30+ knot winds in the Southern Sea of Cortez (where we are!).

So, instead of being stuck at anchor, not being able to go ashore (too choppy) and fretting if the anchor would hold (it will, but that doesn't stop me from worrying about it!) - we diverted from Isla Partida and headed to La Paz.

La Paz looks like one of the best destinations we've been to so far and we'll report back on the details later.

Our updated plans are to leave here Tuesday or Wednesday - when the winds die down - and head to Partida and the Islands North of here. Partida is only about 15 NM away, so it's only a 2 to 3 hour trip.

We're planning to continue cruising North of here and be back on May 10th to get set up for the Dockwise Yacht Transport trip to Vancouver around the 18th.

That's the update for now from Raptor Dance!

Warmest Regards,
Bill and Mary

No comments: